- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Serving more than 23 million travelers a year, Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport is 3 miles south of downtown Fort Lauderdale, just off U.S. 1 between Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood, and near Port Everglades and Fort Lauderdale Beach. Other options include Miami International Airport, about 32 miles to the southwest, and the far less chaotic Palm Beach International Airport, about 50 miles to the north. All three airports link to Tri-Rail, a commuter train operating seven days through Palm Beach, Broward, and Miami-Dade counties.
Fort Lauderdale–Hollywood International Airport (866/435–9355. www.broward.org/airport.)
Miami International Airport (305/876–7000. www.miami-airport.com.)
Palm Beach International Airport (561/471–7420. www.pbia.org.)
Tri-Rail (800/874–7245. www.tri-rail.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's