- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Pompano Pier. The 24-hour pier extends more than 1,000 feet into the Atlantic and was partially rebuilt after Hurricane Sandy in 2012. The pier tackle shop sells beer and snacks. There's no longer a charge to enter the pier or to fish. Anglers brag about catching barracuda, jack, and snapper here in the same sitting, along with bluefish, cobia, and, yes, even pompano. 222 N. Pompano Beach Blvd., Pompano Beach, FL. 954/786–4073.
Fish City Pride. Morning, afternoon, and evening drift-fishing trips cost $40 and include fishing gear and bait. Fish City Marina, 2705 N. Riverside Dr., Pompano Beach, FL, 33062. 954/781–1211. www.hillsboroinletfishcenter.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's