- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Hollywood has had a face-lift, with more nips and tucks to come. Young Circle, once down-at-heel, has become Broward's first Arts Park. On Hollywood's western outskirts the flamboyant Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino has enlivened this previously downtrodden section of the State Road 7/U.S. 441 corridor, drawing local weekenders, architecture buffs, and gamblers. But Hollywood's redevelopment effort don't end there: new shops, restaurants, and art galleries open at a persistent clip, and the city has spiffed up its Broadwalk—a wide pedestrian walkway along the beach—where rollerbladers are as commonplace as snowbirds from the north.
Hollywood at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Fort Lauderdale and Broward County
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's