- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jimmy Evert Tennis Center. With 22 courts (18 lighted clay courts, 3 hard courts, and a low-compression sand "beach" court), this is the crown jewel of Fort Lauderdale's public tennis facilities. Legendary champ Chris Evert learned her two-handed backhand here under the watchful eye of her now-retired father, Jimmy, the center's tennis pro for 37 years. Holiday Park, 701 NE 12th Ave., Intracoastal and Inland, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33301. 954/828–5378. www.fortlauderdale.gov/tennis/jetc.htm. $18 day pass (for Broward nonresidents). Weekdays 7:45 am–9 pm, weekends 7:45 am–6 pm.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's