- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Lauderdale Diver. A PADI 5-Star Certification Agency, this dive center facilitates daily day-trips on a variety of dive boats up and down Broward's shoreline. Trips typically last four hours. Nonpackage reef trips are open to divers for around $50; scuba gear is extra. 1334 S.E. 17th St., Intracoastal and Inland, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316. 954/467–2822. www.lauderdalediver.com.
Pro Dive. The area's oldest diving operation offers daily trips for scuba divers to Broward's natural coral reefs or over two-dozen shipwrecks including the famous "Mercedes I." Expect to pay $55 if using your own gear or $115 with full scuba gear for a 2-tank, half-day charter, lasting 4 hours and heading to two different diving destinations. Pro Dive also offers the full gamut of PADI dive training courses. Bahia Mar, 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Along the beach, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316. 954/776–3483. www.prodiveusa.com.
Sea Experience Glassbottom Snorkel Tours. The Sea Experience I leaves daily at 10:15 am and 2:15 pm for two-hour glass-bottom-boat and snorkeling combination trips that explore Fort Lauderdale's offshore reefs. The tour costs $28; $7 more to snorkel, equipment provided. Bahia Mar Beach Resort, 801 Seabreeze Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316. 954/770–3483. www.seaxp.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's