- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Among the most popular routes are Route A1A and Bayview Drive, especially in early morning before traffic builds, and a 7-mile bike path that parallels State Road 84 and New River and leads to Markham Park, which has mountain-bike trails. Alligator alert: Do not dangle your legs from seawalls.
Broward B-cycle. The big-city trend of "pay and ride" bicycles has now reached Broward County. With 40 station locations over 20 scenic miles, from as far south as Hallandale to as far north as Pompano Beach and Coconut Creek, bikes can be rented for as little as 30 minutes or as long as a week, and can be picked up and dropped off at any and all stations in Broward County. Most stations are found downtown and along the beach. This is an excellent green and health-conscious way to explore Fort Lauderdale. Please note, however, that helmets are not provided at the kiosks. Fort Lauderdale, FL. www.broward.bcycle.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$89 -- Chic South Beach Hotel w/Cocktails, 45% Off Clinton Hotel
- $89 & up -- South Beach Hotel w/VIP Passes, Reg. $179 BookIt.com
- $19.99 -- Rent a Hyundai Elantra in Fort Lauderdale Sixt Rent a Car
- $136 & up -- 4-Star South Beach Hotel w/Wi-Fi, Reg. $279 — $136 BookIt.com
- $41 & up -- Rent a Mercedes in Florida, 10% Off — $41 Sixt Rent a Car