- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Upper Northwest with Kids
At the National Zoo the Kids Farm and Pizza Garden keep kids busy learning how to take care of animals and where food comes from.
Rock Creek Nature Center and Planetarium (5300 Glover Rd. NW Closed Mon. and Tues.) offers daily guided nature walks and a variety of hands-on experiences for kids in the Discovery Room. They can look inside beehives, create rainstorms, and crawl inside a volcano. Fish and amphibian feeding time is 4 pm. The planetarium has weekend shows for kids.
At the National Cathedral, kids can see gargoyles pulling just about every face imaginable. The Children's Chapel is designed to the scale of a six-year-old child, and the Space Window contains a piece of rock from the moon.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe