- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Green Line Metro stops at 13th and U, in the middle of the main business district. To get to the African-American Civil War Memorial, get out at the 10th Street exit. Parking can be found on the residential streets north and south of U Street, but as the area gets more popular, spots are getting harder to find on weekend nights.
The area is within walking distance from Dupont Circle and Adams Morgan, but at night you're better off on the bus or in a cab, especially if you're alone. The 90, 92, and 98 buses travel from Woodley Park through Adams Morgan to 14th and U, while the 52 and 54 buses travel north from several Downtown Metro stops up 14th Street.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $470 BookIt.com
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $103 -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 50% Off — $103 The Westin Alexandria
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator