- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
D.C. is served by three airports: Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) in Virginia, 4 miles south of Downtown Washington; Dulles International Airport (IAD), 26 miles to the west; and Baltimore/Washington International-Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) in Maryland, about 30 miles to the northeast.
Amtrak trains arrive and depart from Union Station, in Northeast D.C.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe