- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Planning Your Time
Touring the area around the White House could easily take a day or even two, depending on how long you visit each of the museums along the way. To see Foggy Bottom's more-westerly sights will add still more time.
If you enjoy history, you may be most interested in the Decatur House, DAR Museum, and State Department. If it's art you crave, devote the hours to the Corcoran and Renwick galleries instead. Save the Kennedy Center and Watergate for the evening, when you can catch a performance or enjoy dinner in the area.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75-$79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 65% Off BookIt.com
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines