Sights & Attractions in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Capitol Hill
Established in 1807 "for all denomination of people," this cemetery...
Folger Shakespeare Library and Elizabethan Theatre
The Folger Library's collection of works by and about Shakespeare...
|Arts / Performance Venues, Libraries||Capitol Hill|
Library of Congress
The largest library in the world has more than 155 million items...
Pope John Paul II Shrine
A shrine to former Pope John Paul II, who served for 27 years...
|Religious Sites||Capitol Hill|
The Sewall House has stood strong on Capitol Hill for more than...
|Houses / Mansions||Capitol Hill|
Smithsonian National Postal Museum
The Smithsonian's stamp collection, housed here, consists of...
|Museums / Galleries||Capitol Hill|
The Supreme Court
It wasn't until 1935 that the Supreme Court got its own building:...
|Government Buildings||Capitol Hill|
Washington Navy Yard
A 115-acre historic district with its own street system, the...
|Military Sites, Historic Districts / Sites, Marinas / Piers, Government Buildings||Capitol Hill|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's