- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
Aunt Bea's Little White House
At a Glance
- helpful innkeeper
- home-cooked breakfast
- close to The Catholic University
- can't walk to museums or attractions
- not many amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Aunt Bea's Little White House Review
You won't find Aunt Bea when you step in to this cozy, acurrately named little white house, but innkeeper Gerald will treat you like family. Gerald will give you the lay of the land, and he prepares breakfast each morning. The inn is a bit off-the-beaten-path when it comes to major attractions, but you may find that to be a minor inconvenience given the good price.
- Address: 3619 12th St. NW, Brookland, Washington, DC 20017
- Phone: 202/629–2308
- Metro Brookland/CUA.
- Location: The White House Area and Foggy Bottom
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
President Lincoln and his family spent about 4 months each year at a summer cottage (well, 34 rooms) three miles north of the swampy and swamped White House of the 1860s. Read more
We went on an AP US History class trip. Read more
My girlfriend and I will be in DC for 4 days in May. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington,... Read more
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall,... Read more