- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Aunt Bea's Little White House
At a Glance
- helpful innkeeper
- home-cooked breakfast
- close to The Catholic University
- can't walk to museums or attractions
- not many amenities
Aunt Bea's Little White House Review
You won't find Aunt Bea when you step in to this cozy, acurrately named little white house, but innkeeper Gerald will treat you like family. Gerald will give you the lay of the land, and he prepares breakfast each morning. The inn is a bit off-the-beaten-path when it comes to major attractions, but you may find that to be a minor inconvenience given the good price.
- Address: 3619 12th St. NW, Brookland, Washington, DC 20017
- Phone: 202/629–2308
- Metro Brookland/CUA.
- Location: The White House Area and Foggy Bottom
- Rate includes breakfast.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A photographer friend and I met at the Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History (woolly mammoth in entry) to see the winning entries of a recent photography contest sponsored by Smithsonian and Epson. Read more
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Heading to Baltimore/DC at the end of April with my inlaws and my 4 and 5 year old boys. Read more
· News & Features
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall, ... Read more
Washington DC has proven lately that its got much more to offer than just the buzz of politics.... Read more
East to West Coast, and Paris to the Vegas Strip, we've got the summertime guide for you.... Read more