- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
The Mandarin Oriental Hotel's rarefied dining room has fast become a destination for those serious about food. In a glowing space with soaring ceilings, chef Eric Ziebold, formerly of Napa Valley's famed French Laundry, creates luxe four-course meals from the finest ingredients. Unexpected little treasures abound, such as buttery miniature Parker House rolls. Main courses could include venison with a juniper meringue or sweet butter-poached Maine lobster salad with turnips, and desserts such as Meyer lemon soufflé seem spun out of air. To take full advantage of the dining experience opt for the six-course chef's tasting menu, and make sure to let the kitchen know about allergies or aversions.
At the upscale Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C., chef Eric Ziebold delivers award-winning Modern American cuisine. In the opulent dining room guests indulge in three- or six-course tasting menus that change monthly to showcase fresh, seasonal ingredients. Everything—from food to decor to ambience—is pure luxury.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 1330 Maryland Ave. SW, Downtown, Washington, DC 20024 | Map It
- Phone: 202/787–6148
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/washington/dining/cityzen
- Metro Smithsonian.
- Location: Downtown
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The arts group to which I belong hired a small bus for the above trip. Read more
A photographer friend and I met at the Smithsonian's Museum of Natural History (woolly mammoth in entry) to see the winning entries of a recent photography contest sponsored by Smithsonian and Epson. Read more
I had a 3 hour layover in Washington, DC and decided to leave the airport and adventure out into the city. Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington,... Read more
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall,... Read more