- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
The Mandarin Oriental Hotel's rarefied dining room has fast become a destination for those serious about food. In a glowing space with soaring ceilings, chef Eric Ziebold, formerly of Napa Valley's famed French Laundry, creates luxe four-course meals from the finest ingredients. Unexpected little treasures abound, such as buttery miniature Parker House rolls. Main courses could include venison with a juniper meringue or sweet butter-poached Maine lobster salad with turnips, and desserts such as Meyer lemon soufflé seem spun out of air. To take full advantage of the dining experience opt for the six-course chef's tasting menu, and make sure to let the kitchen know about allergies or aversions.
At the upscale Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C., chef Eric Ziebold delivers award-winning Modern American cuisine. In the opulent dining room guests indulge in three- or six-course tasting menus that change monthly to showcase fresh, seasonal ingredients. Everything—from food to decor to ambience—is pure luxury.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 1330 Maryland Ave. SW, Downtown, Washington, DC 20024 | Map It
- Phone: 202/787–6148
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/washington/dining/cityzen
- Metro Smithsonian.
- Location: Downtown
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
President Lincoln and his family spent about 4 months each year at a summer cottage (well, 34 rooms) three miles north of the swampy and swamped White House of the 1860s. Read more
We went on an AP US History class trip. Read more
What are your favorite restaurants in DC? Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington,... Read more
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall,... Read more