- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Mandarin Hotel's rarefied dining room has fast become a destination for those serious about food. In a glowing space with soaring ceilings, chef Eric Ziebold, formerly of Napa Valley's famed French Laundry, creates luxe fixed-price, four-course meals from the finest ingredients. Unexpected little treasures abound, such as scrambled eggs with white truffles shaved at the table and buttery miniature Parker House rolls. Main courses could include bacon-wrapped quail over poached cherries or sweet butter-poached Maine lobster salad with turnips, and desserts such as Meyer lemon soufflé seem spun out of air. To take full advantage of the dining experience opt for a six-course tasting menu.
At the upscale Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Washington, D.C., chef Eric Ziebold delivers award-winning Modern American cuisine. In the opulent dining room guests indulge in three- or six-course tasting menus that change monthly to showcase fresh, seasonal ingredients. Everything—from food to decor to ambience—is pure luxury.
- Address: Mandarin Oriental, 1330 Maryland Ave. SW, Downtown, Washington, DC 20024 | Map It
- Phone: 202/787-6148
- Website: www.mandarinoriental.com/washington/dining/cityzen
- Metro Smithsonian.
- Location: Downtown
- Reservations essential.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. No lunch.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $349* & up -- Premium Economy to DC from California, One Way Virgin America
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $89-$99 -- Downtown D.C. Hotel near Capitol Hill, Reg. $329 BookIt.com
- $159 -- Maryland Hotel next to Towson University, Save 20% — $159 Towson University Marriott Conference Hotel
- $179 -- D.C.-Area 4-Star Resort incl. July Fourth — $179 Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Thanks in advance to all the people here who helped in the planning of this - both last year and this year! Read more
Thursday, April 11 my husband, 5 and 8 year old children and I traveled to Washington D.C. for usual sight-seeing and cherry blossoms. We used taxis often which in the planning stage worried me because Read more
I am a new member.
I am planning a 10 -day vacation before i leave US in September.
Will be travelling with my wife and two kids (3 and 1). Out trip timing would be either last week of July Read more
· News & Features
From Fourth of July and can't-miss exhibits to swank new hotels and fantastic outdoor food fests, DC is ... Read more
Psst...want to know where to really find the best eats in (and around) DC? We've got the goods for you... Read more
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've... Read more