- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Washington, D.C. 2014
The Market Lunch
The Market Lunch Review
For a perfect Saturday morning or afternoon on the Hill, take a walk around the Capitol, a stroll through Eastern Market, and then dig in to a hefty pile of blueberry buckwheat pancakes from Market Lunch. The casual counter service and informal seating make it ideal for kids. Favorites include ham, eggs, grits, or pancakes in the morning and crab cakes, fried shrimp, or fish for lunch. Expect long lines and plan to be in line by noon on Saturday in order to ensure availability of every dish. Follow convention and order quickly, eat, and give up your seat for the next customer.
- Address: Eastern Market, 225 7th St. SE, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC 20003 | Map It
- Phone: 202/547–8444
- Website: www.easternmarket-dc.org
- Metro Eastern Market.
- Location: Capitol Hill
- Reservations not accepted.
- No credit cards.
- Closed Mon. No dinner, brunch Sat. only.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
President Lincoln and his family spent about 4 months each year at a summer cottage (well, 34 rooms) three miles north of the swampy and swamped White House of the 1860s. Read more
We went on an AP US History class trip. Read more
What are your favorite restaurants in DC? Read more
· News & Features
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy ... Read more
From buzzy emerging neighborhoods to a burgeoning culinary scene, here are five reasons to visit Washington,... Read more
Washington, D.C., is a city of trees, with some 300 tree species spread out in its vicinity. Each fall,... Read more