Washington, D.C. Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Washington, D.C. Hotel Reviews
The Capital City's hotel scene befits Washington's image as a world-class destination. With so much variety in lodging, the city has something for everyone—and in many cases somethings for everyone—from historic properties to modern designer hotels to urban inns. You can pick your hotel based on the type of experience you set out to have when you arrive.
If you're seeking an experience steeped in pomp and circumstance consider one of the city's grand hotels: the Jefferson, the Hay-Adams, the Fairfax at Embassy Row, the Willard, the Mayflower, and the St. Regis, to name but a few. When you check in at any of these beautifully kept and storied properties, it is near impossible to forget the rich history that defines D.C.
If you prefer a more urban vibe you have enchanting choices: Hotel George, Hotel Monaco, and Topaz Hotel are a few top favorites, and other contemporary inside-the-Beltway gems include the Palomar, Rouge, the W, and the Dupont Circle Hotel.
For a more traditional hotel experience consider checking into one of the many first-rate chain hotels located in strategic locations throughout and just outside the city.
Visitors in search of a more intimate lodging experience may do well to cross the threshold at one of the city's many charming bed-and-breakfasts. The Swann House and Akwaaba DC offer exceptional personalized service, art-filled guest rooms, and the pleasure of waking up to a home-cooked morning meal. Over the years, the Embassy Circle Guest House and the Woodley Park Guest House have been luring guests back time and time again for very good reasons.
Browse Washington, D.C. Hotels
- Courtyard Chevy Chase
- Suburban Maryland
- The Fairmont, Washington, D.C, Georgetown
- The White House Area and Foggy Bottom
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's