- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Great Experiences in Georgetown
C&O Canal: Walk or bike along the path here, which offers bucolic scenery from the heart of Georgetown all the way to Maryland.
Dumbarton Oaks: Stroll through the 10 acres of formal gardens—Washington's loveliest oasis.
M Street: Indulge in some serious designer retail therapy (or just window-shopping). Reward your willpower or great find with a great meal afterward—all on the same street.
Tudor Place: Step into Georgetown's past with a visit to the grand home of the Custis-Peter family. On view are antiques from George and Martha Washington's home at Mount Vernon and a 1919 Pierce Arrow roadster.
Washington Harbour and Waterfront Park: Come on a warm evening to enjoy sunset drinks while overlooking the Watergate, Kennedy Center, and Potomac River.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $470 BookIt.com
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $103 -- 4-Star Washington, D.C.-Area Hotel, 50% Off — $103 The Westin Alexandria
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator