Washington, D.C. Experience
The Mayflower Renaissance: Did You Know?
President Franklin D. Roosevelt wrote, "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself" in Room 776.
J. Edgar Hoover ate lunch at the Mayflower restaurant almost every weekday for 20 years. He almost always brought his own diet salad dressing.
Walt Disney once dined on the Mayflower's roof.
The state dinner celebrating the 1979 Arab-Israeli peace treaty was held here.
Winston Churchill sat for a portrait here.
Members of Congress interviewed Monica Lewinsky in the 10th-floor Presidential Suite while pursuing the impeachment of President Bill Clinton.
Former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was allegedly visited by a high-priced call girl at his room here in 2008. The resulting scandal led to his resignation.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's