Washington, D.C. Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Fairfax at Embassy Row: Did You Know?
The Fairfax at Embassy Row has a long connection to D.C. politics. Here are a few fun facts about the historic property.
Al Gore lived here as a child (it was not a hotel at the time).
Hillary Clinton held press conferences here when she was running for president.
The Steinway piano in the lounge was a gift from the Kennedy family.
Nancy Reagan was a Jockey Club regular (she liked the corner table), and back in the day had a chicken salad named for her.
The Jockey Club opened for business in 1961 on the day John F. Kennedy took the presidential oath of office.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $75-$79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, 65% Off BookIt.com
- $83 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $104* & up -- Flights for Next Weekend on American, R/T — $104 American Airlines