Washington, D.C. Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Five Great Outdoor Experiences in DC
Bird-watch on Theodore Roosevelt Island: Take in the spectacular scenery at this tucked-away wildlife sanctuary.
Get a new perspective on the cherry trees: Take a leisurely trip in a paddleboat around the Tidal Basin in spring.
Get moving with picture-postcard motivation: Run or bike on the Mall with Washington's monuments as a unique background.
See the National Zoo's giant pandas: Washington's love affair with the adorable pandas at the National Zoo has gotten a welcome extension; Mei Xiang and Tian Tian are extending their D.C. stay until December 2015.
Walk or ride along the C&O Canal: An excursion along the historic waterway comes with nice views of the Potomac River; you may even see a bald eagle.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe