Washington, D.C. Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Free Events in Washington, D.C.
The abundance of freebies in Washington extends to the arts. Highlights among the no-charge events include:
The Fort Dupont Summer Theater's jazz series Saturday nights in July and August.
The Millennium Stage at the Kennedy Center, where there are free performances daily at 6 pm.
The National Cathedral, which hosts frequent concerts and provides breathtaking scenery.
The National Gallery of Art's Jazz in the (Sculpture) Garden, for live music and picnicking every Friday evening in summer.
The Shakespeare Theatre Free for All, a two-week run of performances every June.Updated: 09-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's