- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A Good Walk: Kalorama
To see the embassies and luxurious homes that make up the Kalorama neighborhood, begin your walk at the corner of S and 23rd streets.
Head north up 23rd, keeping an eye out for the emergency call boxes now turned into public art.
At the corner of Kalorama Road, head west, but don't miss the Tudor-style mansion at 2221 Kalorama Road, now home to the French ambassador.
Turn right on Kalorama Circle, where you can look down over Rock Creek Park and into Adams Morgan. Kalorama means "beautiful view" in Greek, and this is the sight that inspired the name.
From here you can retrace your steps, or take Kalorama Circle back to Kalorama Road, turn right, and make a left on Wyoming to bring you back to 23rd.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's