- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Capitol Hill with Kids
Capitol Hill offers plenty for kids to do. After they've had their fill of history, they can commune with nature, hit a home run, and sample sweet treats.
There are lots of locally made toys and games to see and touch at Eastern Market. Street performers entertain while kids indulge in blueberry pancakes with ice cream at the Market Lunch counter.
At the United States Botanic Garden, kids can become Junior Botanists; they receive a free adventure pack with cool tools to use during their visit and afterwards at home, as well as access to a secret Web site. There's also a family guide available.
Catch a game at Nationals Park or take a tour on a nongame day. You'll see the Nationals dugout, the clubhouse, and press box, plus you can throw a pitch in the bullpen and test out the batting cages.
Or take a tour with DC Ducks : during the 1½-hour ride in an amphibious vehicle over land and water, a wise-quacking captain mixes historical anecdotes with trivia.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $169 & up -- 4.5-Star Loews Madison Hotel D.C., Save 40% Expedia
- $79 -- Capitol Hill Hotel near Historic Sites, Reg. $452 BookIt.com
- $18 & up -- Baltimore: Admission to 9 Museums, up to 25% Off Featured Destination: Baltimore
- $87 & up -- D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi & Daily Breakfast, 60% Off — $87 BookIt.com
- Free -- Zip Around Baltimore: 4 Popular Routes — $0 Charm City Circulator