Soccer in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
D.C. United. One of the best Major League Soccer (U.S. pro soccer) teams has a huge fan base in the nation's capital, finding many of its fans in the international crowds who miss the big matches at home, as well as families whose kids play soccer. International matches, including some World Cup preliminaries, are often played on the grass field of RFK Stadium, the Redskins' and Senators' former residence on Capitol Hill and now dedicated exclusively to soccer. Games are played April through September. You can buy tickets at the RFK Stadium ticket office or through the team's website, which offers special youth pricing. The DC Talon, the team mascot, entertains the crowd, along with enthusiastic, horn-blowing fans. Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, 2400 E. Capitol St. SE, Capitol Hill, Washington, DC, 20003. 202/547–3134. www.dcunited.com. $23–$52. Stadium.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe