Kite Flying in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blossom Kite Festival. The Smithsonian's annual kite fest gives kids and adults a chance to enjoy a day of kite flying on the National Mall. Held in connection with the Cherry Blossom Festival in April, the granddaddy of kite festivals features kite battles and incredible kite-flying exhibitions. Washington Monument, Constitution Ave. and 17th St., Downtown, Washington, DC, 20013. 202/357–3030. www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org. Smithsonian.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe