Baseball in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Washington Nationals. Major League Baseball has returned to D.C., where the Washington Nationals of the National League play in the spectacular 41,546-seat, state-of-the-art Nationals Park. The team has enjoyed winning seasons and are hugely populular ith the hometown crowd. It's still easy to get seats at the games that day, though. The Nationals' mascots, "The Racing Presidents," compete during the fourth inning at every game. Tours of the stadium are available when the Nationals are on the road and in the morning when the team has night games. The Metro is a hassle-free and inexpensive way to get to the ballpark. Parking is scarce. 1500 S. Capitol St. SE, Southwest D.C., Washington, DC, 20003. 202/675–6287. washington.nationals.mlb.com. Tours, $15; tickets $10–$325. Navy Yard.
Frederick Keys. Head north of Washington up I–270 in Maryland to see the Orioles Class A Frederick Keys, part of the Carolina League. To reach the stadium, look for the Market Street exit from Route 70 or 270. Harry Grove Stadium, 6201 New Design Rd., Frederick, MD, 21703. 301/662–0013. www.frederickkeys.com. $8–$11.
Potomac Nationals. About an hour south of Washington is the home of the Class A Carolina League Potomac Nationals, a farm team for Washington. Take Exit 158B off Prince William Parkway and look for the sign for Manassas; drive 8 miles and take a right onto County Complex Court. G. Richard Pfitzner Stadium, 7 County Complex Ct., Woodbridge, VA, 22192. 703/590–2311. www.potomacnationals.com. $7–$11.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe