Washington for Every Season in Washington, D.C.
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Washington for Every Season
With every change of the seasons, D.C. offers new pleasures for sports and outdoor enthusiasts.
In winter you can have an old-fashioned afternoon of ice-skating and hot chocolate in the National Gallery's Sculpture Garden, or go to the Verizon Center to see the Wizards play basketball or the Capitals play hockey.
Come spring, the city emerges from the cold with activities everywhere. Runners throng Rock Creek Park, Frisbee contests and soccer games are a common sight on the Mall, and boats float down the Potomac.
In summer, baseball fans head to Nationals Park for baseball games, while this greenery-laced city seems to become one big outdoor playground.
When fall arrives, the seasonal colors of the trees in Rock Creek Park are a spectacular sight for bikers, hikers, and runners. Tickets to see the Redskins at FedEx Field are some of the city's most prized commodities.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's