Connecticut's coastline runs east-west, from the towns of Stonington and Mystic at the Rhode Island border, down to Greenwich in the southwest corner of the state. Head north from the Greenwich vicinity to the hills of Litchfield County in the northwest, bordered by New York and Massachusetts. In the center of the state, you'll find the capital, Hartford: travel south from here to tour the small towns of the Connecticut River Valley. Northeast of Hartford is the less-traveled Quiet Corner, whose rural towns abut Massachusetts and Rhode Island.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe