- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Homestead Inn
At a Glance
- reasonably priced
- close to shops and restaurants
- on a busy street
Check Rates from our Partners
The Homestead Inn Review
High on a hill overlooking New Milford's town green, this buidling was built in 1853 and opened as an inn in 1928. Breakfast is served in a cheery living room, where you can sit by the fire. Rooms are decorated in a well-chosen mix of country antiques, reproductions, and an abundance of floral accents. The eight rooms in the main house have more personality than those in the motel-style structure next door.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
Hey yall! Read more
· News & Features
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more