- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Appalachian Trail. The Appalachian Trail's longest river walk, off Route 341, is the almost-8-mi hike from Kent to Cornwall Bridge along the Housatonic River. Kent, CT.
Macedonia Brook State Park. The early-season trout fishing is superb at 2,300-acre Macedonia Brook State Park, where you can also hike and cross-country ski. 159 Macedonia Brook Rd., off Rte. 341, Kent, CT, 06757. 860/927-3238. www.ct.gov.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $167* & up -- Flights to/from Tucson on American, R/T American Airlines
- $157-$197 -- LA: Suite at 4-Star Hotel w/Rooftop Pool BookIt.com
- $118 & up -- Oahu: Waikiki Beach Hotel w/Oceanarium, 35% Off BookIt.com
- $1029 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Getaways incl. Air, Car Pleasant Holidays
- $599 & up -- Oceanview: Alaska 7-Night Summer Cruises American Express Travel