Audubon Greenwich Review
Established in 1942 as the National Audubon Society's first nature-education facility, this center in northern Greenwich is the best location in the area for bird-watching. During the Fall Hawk Watch Festival you can see over 16 species of hawks, eagles, and vultures migrate over the site. Other annual events are the Spring into Audubon Festival and the summer and Christmas bird counts. The center is filled with "real-life" interactive exhibits, galleries, and classrooms, a wildlife observation room, and an observation deck that offers sweeping views of wildlife activity. Outside, the sanctuary includes protected wildlife habitats and 7 mi of hiking trails on 285 acres of woodland, wetland, and meadow.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand ... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more