Stamford Museum and Nature Center
Stamford Museum and Nature Center Review
Oxen, sheep, pigs, and other animals roam this 118-acre New England farmstead. Once the estate of Henri Bendel, the property includes a Tudor-revival stone mansion housing exhibits on natural history, art, and Americana. Also here are a planetarium with a 22-inch research telescope—perfect for stargazing—and nature trails winding through the woods.
- Address: 39 Scofieldtown Rd., Stamford, CT 06903 | Map It
- Phone: 203/322–1646
- Cost: Grounds $10, planetarium and observatory each an additional $3
- Hours: Grounds daily 9–5; planetarium May–Labor Day, Fri. 8:30 pm–10:30 pm; Sept.–Apr., Fri. 8 pm–10 pm
- Website: www.stamfordmuseum.org
- Location: Stamford
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
60yr old couple who love history, nature, museums, tours, scenic routes.
We need to add 2 more nights, any recommendations to improve or suggestions would help.
Boston 4 nights( flying in and out )
Cape Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more