Bridgeport, a city that has endured some economic hard times, is working hard to revitalize itself and overcome its negative image with improvements such as the Ballpark at Harbor Yard and the Arena at Harbor Yard sports and entertainment complex. A handful of noteworthy, family-friendly attractions make it worthwhile for a day visit, but it's not a particularly appealing destination for an overnight.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe