Southwestern Connecticut Travel Guide
Fodor's New England
Southwestern Connecticut is a rich swirl of old New England and new New York. This region consistently reports the highest cost of living and most expensive homes of any area in the country. Its bedroom towns are home primarily to white-collar executives; some still make the hour-plus dash to and from New York, but many drive to Stamford, which is reputed to have more corporate headquarters per square mile than any other U.S. city.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Southwestern Connecticut restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Southwestern Connecticut
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $73.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Bridgeport Hotwire
- 3-Star Holiday Inn Bridgeport Fr $127+/Nt Save with Hotels.com, $9/night less
- Visit Bridgeport for Less: Hotels Fr $102+/Nt — $102 Travelocity
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Now57° F Overcast 93% Humidity May 22, 2013 at 5:52AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
7 of us decided to head to NYC on Friday for the day. Read more