- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The Inn at Lafayette
At a Glance
- steps from shopping and restaurants
- excellent restaurant
- busy street
The Inn at Lafayette Review
Skylights, painted murals, and handcrafted woodwork are among the design accents at this hostelry in a converted 1830s church. The rooms may be small, but they have beautiful fabrics and reproduction 17th- and 18th-century furniture. The modern marble baths come equipped with telephones. Fresh food and flawless service are highlights at Café Allegre ($$$; closed Monday), the inn's popular restaurant. The menu is largely southern Italian, with French touches.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand ... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more