- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
The Inn at Lafayette
At a Glance
- steps from shopping and restaurants
- excellent restaurant
- busy street
The Inn at Lafayette Review
Skylights, painted murals, and handcrafted woodwork are among the design accents at this hostelry in a converted 1830s church. The rooms may be small, but they have beautiful fabrics and reproduction 17th- and 18th-century furniture. The modern marble baths come equipped with telephones. Fresh food and flawless service are highlights at Café Allegre ($$$; closed Monday), the inn's popular restaurant. The menu is largely southern Italian, with French touches.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
Hey yall! Read more
· News & Features
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more