- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa
At a Glance
- a short walk from Griswold Museum
- lovely old home
- fantastic restaurant
- can hear noise from Interstate 95
- lacks some modern amenities
Check Rates from our Partners
Bee and Thistle Inn and Spa Review
Behind a weathered stone wall in the historic district sits this three-story 1756 Colonial house with 5½ acres of broad lawns, formal gardens, and herbaceous borders. It's small and inviting, with fireplaces in the parlors and dining rooms and light and airy curtains in the multipaned windows. Most rooms have canopy or four-poster beds. Fireplaces and candlelight exude romance in the restaurant, where innovative American cuisine—with entrées like grilled hanger steak with celery-root hash—is served with style.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
We're seeing a show in Atlantic City on a Friday night and for various logistical purposes would like to get a couple hours towards home afterwards in order to make the next day's driving less (anothe Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more