- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Yale University Review
New Haven as a manufacturing center dates from the 19th century, but the city owes its fame to merchant Elihu Yale. In 1718 Yale's contributions enabled the Collegiate School, founded in 1701 at Saybrook, to settle in New Haven, where it changed its name to Yale University. This is one of the nation's great universities, and its campus holds some handsome neo-Gothic buildings and noteworthy museums. The university's guides conduct one-hour walking tours that include Connecticut Hall in the Old Campus, which has had a number of illustrious past residents.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
Hey yall! Read more
· News & Features
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new? ... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more