- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Fort Trumbull State Park. Here you'll find a 19th-century stonework-and-masonry fort, an extensive visitor center focusing on military history, a top-rate fishing pier, a boardwalk with fantastic views, and a picnic area for when you want to relax. 90 Walbach St., New London, CT, 06320. 860/444–7591. Free; visitor center $6. Grounds daily 8–sunset; visitor center Memorial Day–Columbus Day, Wed.–Sun. 9–5.
Ocean Beach Park. This beach park has a ½-mile-long beach, an Olympic-size outdoor pool with a waterslide, a miniature-golf course, a video arcade, a boardwalk, and a picnic area. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; parking (fee); showers; toilets. Best for: partiers; swimming; walking. 98 Neptune Ave., New London, CT, 06320. 860/447–3031. www.ocean-beach-park.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's