- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
New Haven's history goes back to the 17th century, when its squares, including a lovely central green for the public, were laid out. The city is home to Yale University. The historic district surrounding Yale and the distinctive shops, prestigious museums, and highly respected theaters downtown are a major draw—New Haven has developed an acclaimed restaurant scene in recent years.
New Haven at a Glance
Elsewhere in New Haven to Mystic
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's