- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sports and the Outdoors
Talcott Mountain State Park. A roughly 1¼-mi climb from the parking lot at the southern section of Talcott Mountain State Park and up the 165-foot Heublein Tower, a former private home, rewards you with spectacular views of the Farmington Valley and, some say, four states. Rte. 185, Simsbury, CT, 06002. 860/242-1158. www.ct.gov. Free. Park daily 8am-sunset. Tower late May-Labor Day, Thurs.-Sun. 10-5; Labor Day-late Oct., daily 10-5.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Boston Hotel in Back Bay, up to 50% Off Sheraton Boston