Comstock Ferre & Co.
Comstock Ferre & Co. Review
Original tin signs still adorn the inviting post-and-beam buildings of the Comstock Ferre & Co., the country's oldest continuously operating seed company, founded in 1820. The company sells more than 800 varieties of seeds and more than 2,000 varieties of perennials, as well as special seed collections so that you can create your own magical moonlight, Italian herb, or shade garden.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $75.00 & up : 3.5-star hotels in Hartford Hotwire
- Save in Hartford: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $137+/Nt Expedia
- $13.95 & up : Compact rentals in Hartford Hotwire
- $70.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Hartford — $70 Hotwire
- $13.95 & up : Compact rentals in Hartford — $14 Hotwire
My husband and I love Rowayton, CT... we are wondering if anyone from that cute town has any information about renting a house during the summer? We would like to bring our 3 children with us too. Whe Read more
7 of us decided to head to NYC on Friday for the day. Read more
Will be making our first round trip drive from NYC to Boston, in mid June. Read more
· News & Features
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more
We're checking in on Yosemite Falls, keeping an eye out for Kayak's hot new IPO, and looking toward the... Read more