- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Avon Old Farms Hotel
At a Glance
- attractive pool area
- central location
- well-kept rooms
- rooms need a little upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Avon Old Farms Hotel Review
A country hotel at the base of Avon Mountain, this 20-acre compound of Colonial-style buildings with manicured grounds is midway between Farmington and Simsbury. The rooms, some with four-poster beds, are appointed with elegant furnishings and brass chandeliers. The inn's FARM restaurant ($$) serves a very good Sunday brunch.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
We will be moving our daughter from Brooklyn to Cambridge, MA next Thursday in the late morning. Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more