- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Avon Old Farms Hotel
At a Glance
- attractive pool area
- central location
- rooms need a little upgrading
Check Rates from our Partners
Avon Old Farms Hotel Review
A country hotel at the base of Avon Mountain, this 20-acre compound of Colonial-style buildings with manicured grounds sits midway between Farmington and Simsbury. The rooms, some with four-poster beds, are appointed with elegant furnishings and brass chandeliers. Seasons restaurant serves a good Sunday brunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
A few months ago, a friend of mine got married in a spur of the moment wedding to allow his father to make the wedding before his health went further downhill due to his battle with ALS. Read more
Hill-Crest "Museum", Farmington, CT.
This so-called "museum" is a must skip.
The house itself was not impressive, even if compared to other manors, mansions, estates, or homes built in that era. Interio Read more
We're seeing a show in Atlantic City on a Friday night and for various logistical purposes would like to get a couple hours towards home afterwards in order to make the next day's driving less (anothe Read more
· News & Features
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand ... Read more
You head home for Thanksgiving every year—why not get the family together somewhere new?... Read more
Few places scream summer quite like The Place.... Read more