- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
With its Connecticut River setting, easy access to major highways, and historic architecture, Middletown is a popular destination for recreational boaters and tourists alike. The town's High Street is an architecturally eclectic thoroughfare. Charles Dickens once called it "the loveliest Main Street in America" (Middletown's actual Main Street runs parallel to it a few blocks east).
Middletown at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in Hartford and the Connecticut River Valley
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's