- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Farmington, incorporated in 1645, is a classic river town with lovely estates, a perfectly preserved main street, and the prestigious Miss Porter's School, the late Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis's alma mater. This bucolic and affluent suburb of Hartford oozes historical charm. Antiques shops are near the intersection of Routes 4 and 10, along with some excellent house museums.
Getting Here and Around
Farmington is most easily reached by car. From Hartford, take I-84 west to Route 4 west.
Farmington at a Glance
Elsewhere in Hartford and the Connecticut River Valley
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe