Need a Break?
Dawn Hill Antiques. This shop is filled with antiques that the owners have discovered on their regular trips to Sweden. 11 Main St., New Preston, CT, 06777. 860/868–0066. www.dawnhillantiques.com.
Hopkins Vineyard. This vineyard offers wine tastings and produces more than 13 varieties of wine, from sparkling to dessert. A wine bar in the hayloft serves a fine cheese-and-pâté board and has views of the lake. 25 Hopkins Rd., off N. Shore Rd., New Preston, CT, 06777. 860/868–7954. www.hopkinsvineyard.com. $6.50 for a tasting, $12 for a tour. Hours vary.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's