Top Reasons to Go
Country Driving: Follow the rolling, twisting roads of Litchfield County, such as U.S. 7, U.S. 44, and Route 63, through the charmed villages of Kent, Salisbury, and Litchfield.
Maritime History: The village of Mystic is packed with interesting nautical attractions related to Connecticut's rich seafaring history.
Urban Exploring: Anchored by Yale University, downtown New Haven now (finally) buzzes with hip restaurants, smart boutiques, and acclaimed theaters.
Literary Giants: In the same historic Hartford neighborhood, you can explore the homes—and legacies—of Mark Twain and Harriett Beecher Stowe.
Antique Hunting: You'll find numerous fine shops, galleries, and auction houses specializing in antiques all over the state. Two standout towns: Woodbury and Putnam.Updated: 08-2013
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's