- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
When To Go
Vail has grown into a year-round resort, skiing being the main attraction from December through March, and outdoor pursuits like hiking, biking, and fishing the rest of the year. While May and June have pleasant temperatures, many of the hiking and biking trails are still buried beneath snowdrifts. For those interested in seeing wildflowers, mid-July is the time to hit the peaks. The colorful aspen trees generally change to a golden red sometime in September.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Colo.: Suite at 4-Star Beaver Creek Resort , 55% Off Beaver Creek Lodge