- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Information Center. Look here for the lowdown on events in the area. Vail, CO. 800/503–8748.
Adventure Ridge. In summer, Adventure Ridge, at Eagle's Nest high above Lionshead, is the hub of Vail Mountain activities. It's cool and high, and it has the views, especially from the new zip-line and ropes course. It also has tons of activities like Friday Afternoon Club live bands, beer, sunset watching, the Dino Dig (a large sandbox with buried plastic dinosaur bones for kids), a gravity trampoline, horseshoe pits, Frisbee golf, horseback riding, a climbing wall, and free guided nature hikes through the Gore Range Natural Science School's Discovery Center. In winter you can go tubing or try a ski bike. Atop Front Side of Vail Mountain, Vail, CO, 81657. 970/476-9090.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe