- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
A popular summer destination for both road bikers and mountain bikers, Vail has a variety of paved bike paths (including one that leads up to Vail Pass), plus dozens of miles of dirt mountain-bike trails. You can take bikes on lifts heading uphill, then head downhill on an array of routes.
Vail Ski Tech. This shop rents and repairs bikes. Best of all, they are only steps from the Eagle Bahn Gondola, a summer gateway to the ski slope trails. They also offer shuttle service to Vail Pass for downhill mountain biking. 555 E. Lionshead Circle, Vail, CO, 81657. 800/525-5995. www.vailskitech.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe