- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
One of the best ways to see Vail Valley is from the back of a horse.
A.J. Brink Outfitters. On scenic Sweetwater Lake A.J. Brink Outfitters has day and overnight horseback excursions high in the Flat Tops Wilderness. 3406 Sweetwater Rd., Gypsum, CO, 81637. 970/524-7344. www.brinkoutfitters.com.
Vail Valley Tours. This snowmobiling outfit runs 1½, 2½-hour, and custom guided tours into the White River National Forest. They have complimentary pickup in Vail, Avon, and Beaver Creek. Vail, CO, 81658. 970/476–7749. www.vailvalleytours.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe