- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The most convenient place for visitors to rent a car is at Denver International Airport. Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, and National have offices in Eagle County Airport as well.
Although it is often severely overcrowded, I-70 is still the quickest and most direct route from Denver to Vail. For the first 45 minutes it climbs gradually through the dry Front Range mountains before ducking into the Eisenhower Tunnel. The last 45 minutes are through the high Summit County Basin and up and over the mellow grade of Vail Pass.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe