In a restored farmhouse at the entrance to Beaver Creek, Mirabelle is one of the area's loveliest restaurants. Owner and chef Daniel Joly serves superb Belgian–French cuisine. His preparations are a perfect blend of colors, flavors, and textures. The menu changes regularly, but if it's available, try warm foie gras with caramelized peaches, and roasted elk fillet with rhubarb jam. Depending on your point of view, the elaborate desserts are either heavenly or sinful. The wine list is roughly two-thirds European—to match the menu—and a third domestic.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We (me, my husband and two kids) recently returned from a four-day trip to Glenwood Springs. We are trying to visit a new place in Color... Read more
Baby animals are rarely seen at the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, CO outside of Denver. The indiscriminate breeding of captive anim... Read more